Get your Flu Shot this Fall
Now is the time to get flu vaccine.
The Health Department has flu vaccine for everyone 6 months of age and older.
We do have a supply of High Dose vaccine available for those aged 65+.
Call our office to schedule your appointment today.
Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease
- Usually causes fever, painful sores in the mouth, and a rash on the hands and feet.
- Mostly affects infants and children younger than 5 years old, but people of any age can be infected.
- Is a contagious disease.
- Is usually not serious. The illness is typically mild, and most infected people recover in a week or two. Children not acutely ill and who have no weeping lesions are usually able to remain in school/daycare.
- Has no specific treatment.
- Wash your hands often and practice good hygiene to reduce your risk of infection.
The International Company for Agricultural Production & Processing (ICAPP) is voluntarily recalling certain lots of its frozen strawberries out of an abundance of caution in response to a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) investigation of an outbreak of Hepatitis A. For more information about this investigation, please visit FDA’s outbreak investigation website at FDA.
- MDARD and MDHHS have issued a joint press release regarding the frozen strawberry recall here.
- CDC 2016 - Multistate outbreak of hepatitis A linked to frozen strawberries here .
- List of known facilities impacted here.
Based upon survey information, currently there are no known facilities that have sold or served the impacted products within the past 14 days in Van Buren and Cass Counties. Any food establishment that may have received these products have discarded or returned them to the distributer in response to the recall.
West Nile Virus
West Nile Virus for Michigan Providers
See the CDC website for more WNV information
Girls on the Run
The Girls on the Run mission is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Click here for more info »