Protect Yourself and Your Family from Radon
Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer after cigarette smoking. If you smoke and live in a home with high radon levels, you increase your risk of developing lung cancer. Having your home tested is the only effective way to determine whether you and your family are at risk of high radon exposure.
Your VBCDHD has Radon Testing Kits available, contact our Environmental Health Division for more information.
To learn more about radon, go to the Environmental Health page for links to the CDC as well as the EPA.
It's Not Too Late to Get your Flu Shot!
Now is the time to get flu vaccine.
The Health Department has flu vaccine for everyone 6 months of age and older.
We do have a supply of High Dose vaccine available for those aged 65+.
Call our office to schedule your appointment today.
Need a New Mouthguard? We’ve Got You Covered!
It is that time of year again where we offer mouthguard clinics at each of our locations!
What makes VBCDHD's mouthguards different from "boil and bite" mouthguards purchased at the store?
We offer high-quality impressions done inside our clinic to professionally custom-fit your new Pro-form mouthguard. Custom-fit mouthguards made by dentists are the most effective at preventing injuries. Cost is only $25.00!
Do I have to make an appointment?
Yes, please call to make an appointment at the location closest to you. Group/Team appointments are also available!
Hartford office Ph 269-621-6159
Dowagiac office Ph 269-782-0064
Mattawan office Ph 269-668-6715
Go to our Dental Services page for more information.
Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease
- Usually causes fever, painful sores in the mouth, and a rash on the hands and feet.
- Mostly affects infants and children younger than 5 years old, but people of any age can be infected.
- Is a contagious disease.
- Is usually not serious. The illness is typically mild, and most infected people recover in a week or two. Children not acutely ill and who have no weeping lesions are usually able to remain in school/daycare.
- Has no specific treatment.
- Wash your hands often and practice good hygiene to reduce your risk of infection.
Girls on the Run
The Girls on the Run mission is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Click here for more info »
West Nile Virus
West Nile Virus for Michigan Providers
See the CDC website for more WNV information