Girls On The Run 5k
Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease
- Usually causes fever, painful sores in the mouth, and a rash on the hands and feet.
- Mostly affects infants and children younger than 5 years old, but people of any age can be infected.
- Is a contagious disease.
- Is usually not serious. The illness is typically mild, and most infected people recover in a week or two. Children not acutely ill and who have no weeping lesions are usually able to remain in school/daycare.
- Has no specific treatment.
- Wash your hands often and practice good hygiene to reduce your risk of infection.
Lead Poisoning Prevention
April is STD Awareness Month
The Health Department STD clinic offers: Confidential Counseling, Testing, Referrals and Treatment.
Did you know that vaccine-preventable diseases are on the rise in Michigan?
We’re proud to partner with @IVaccinate to help keep Michigan’s kids safe and healthy.
AT YOUR SERVICE
News from the Van Buren / Cass District Health Department
Previous issues can be found under Health Statistics at the bottom of the page.
VBCass Website RFP 2017
Van Buren/Cass District Health Department is accepting proposals for the redesign of its website. Proposals are sought from qualified organizations with proven expertise and preferably experience working with local government entities or developing functionality similar to the needs of local governments.
Click HERE for the 2017 VBCass RFP
Click to get the latest News From The Medical Director's Desk at Van Buren / Cass District Health Department.