SAVE THE DATE!
The Van Buren/Cass Girls on the Run 5K will be held on Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 9:00am at Decatur Public Schools Raider Field, Decatur. We welcome parents, family members, friends and the community to come out and join us as a community runner or cheer support!
- Early Race Registration Fee: $25 thru 5/1/17
- Late Race Registration Fee: $30 5/12/17-race day
- Children 5 yrs. and under may participate in the race for free but must be registered.
- Register three or more people for the race and receive a $5 discount per person!
Information for Parents:
- Please encourage your daughter to get out and move during the weeks leading up to the 5K celebration.
- The 5k is being held on Saturday, May 20, 2017 and starts at 9:00am at the Decatur Public Schools Raider Field, 110 Cedar Street, Decatur. However, your daughter will need to be there earlier for her team picture…schedule coming soon.
- Plan extra time for traffic congestion and parking! Parking is available in the middle/high school parking lots. Follow the signs to the Middle or High School parking lots. There is a path that leads from the high school parking lot to the stadium entrance. There will be volunteers to help you find your way.
- The girls will gather with their coaches on the stadium field to stretch and warm up and have a team picture taken (they can find their team by looking for the sign with their school’s name on it). Team pictures will be taken prior to the race beginning. Below is the team picture schedule. Please have you daughter there on time. We cannot wait for late girls. Only girls, coaches and volunteers are allowed on the field. There is plenty of seating available for parents, family and friends to view all the action before, during and after the event.
- Support our program by shopping for Girls on the Run apparel, fun stuff, and other fabulous items available at the event. We will also have concessions available for purchase. All concession items are $1.00(we are unable to accept checks, $50 or $100 bills).
- If you are not running/walking with us, feel free to join us out on the course to cheer for the girls as they reach this amazing goal!
- As your daughter crosses the finish line she will be directed to the final water station. There will also be refreshments for the girls and other runners in the program. As only girls, coaches and volunteers are allowed on the field, it is important for you to check with your daughter’s coach as to the best way to collect her after the event.
- Lost & Found will be located at the Girls on the Run Merchandise booth.
- If the race needs to be cancelled due to inclement weather, it will be listed on WWMT and WOODTV’s school closing web pages.
- If you have questions before the race, call Brittany Pence, Director at (269) 621-3143, ext 1314.
GOTR National 5K Partners